Guidelines Section 1
Below are the guidelines for doors and windows. Please read the below guidelines and then complete the online application on the WindStone website. You will be submitting this online application directly to the WindStone ARC.
Who to Contact in Martin County for Doors and Window Information/permits:
Building Department 900 SE Ruhnke Street, Stuart, Florida 34994
Building Permits 772-288-5916
Door and Window Guidelines
1. Windows in the front elevation must be divided lite unless architectural details dictate otherwise. Replacement windows may be the same as the windows being replaced if
not divided lite.
If the property owner wants to change from existing divided lite windows, applications that have accompanying renderings by a mutually agreed upon AIA, Florida architect
with a certification of harmony between the windows and the architectural style will be considered.
2. Window frame colors must be white or bronze; however, special window colors coordinating or matching the trim will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
3. Mirror type glazing or films cannot be approved.
4. Door changes will be decided on a case-by-case basis and will be dependent on the requested door style and the architectural details of the home.
5. Door colors ---door colors can be Flat or Satin finishes in an accent color, the trim color, or the house body color. Semi-gloss or gloss colors cannot be approved.
Window/Door change to existing “Owner” home
Please complete and submit this on-line application
Plans can be digitized and attached or paper plans dropped off with an ARC member. Please indicate how you wish to submit the plans:
A member will contact me to make arrangements.
It is the responsibility of the WindStone Owner to secure a Contractor who is licensed and properly insured.
NOTE: A Martin County Permit is required for these changes. It is owner’s responsibility to secure a Martin County permit.